Rajasthan is the largest state in term of Area in India. It is located on the north-western part of the country, where it embraces scorching Thar Desert and borders with Punjab & Sindh region of Pakistan toward the west. Rajasthan is rich in Culture and entwine Indian heritage in real sense. Rajasthan is brimming with the history of 5000 years old. One can find the traces of ancient history of the Indus Valley Civilization at Kalibangan, the Dilwara Temples, Mount Abu and many such places.
Rajasthan was formed on 30 March 1949 when Rajputana (British Dependency in India) was merged into the Dominion of India. The capital and greatest city of the state is Jaipur renowned as ‘Pink City’.
Other paramount cities of the state are- Udaipur, Bikaner and Ajmer.
Rajasthan is memorable for its tourist places and hosts tourists from all over the world. There are numerous places to visit and see in Rajasthan which are known for their architectural brilliance. The cultural and cuisine of Rajasthan are as colorful as its history.
Population of Rajasthan In 2019
As per the 2011 census, Rajasthan had an aggregate population of 68,548,437. To know about the population of Rajasthan in 2019, we will need to take a look at the population trend of the last 5 years which are mentioned below-
- 2014 – 71.69 Million
- 2015 – 72.92 Million
- 2016 – 74.79 Million
- 2017 – 74.888 Million
- 2018 – 75.6496 Million
The accurate prediction of population is not possible but we can evaluate the population after analyzing the population trend from the year 2014–18. From our findings, we have established that every year the population increases by approximate 0.7616 Million people. Hence, the population of Rajasthan in 2019 is projected to be – 75.6496 Million + 0.7616 Million = 76.4112 Million.
So, the population of Rajasthan in the year 2019 as per estimated data is 76.4112 Million.
Rajasthan Population 2019 –76.4112 Million (Estimated).
Demography of Rajasthan
Rajasthan accommodates majority of Hindu population i.e. 88.45% of the total population. Rest of the population belongs to Muslim, Sikh & Jain communities. The state is furthermore populated by Sindhis, who came to Rajasthan from Sindh region (now in Pakistan) in the midst of the India-Pakistan partition in 1947. Hindi is the specialist and the most comprehensively spoken dialect in the state, trailed by Bhili (5%) and Urdu (1%).
Population Density and Growth of Rajasthan
The population density as per 2011 census is 200 persons per square kilometer. The number of people in Rajasthan has developed by 21.33% in the latest decade. The state has recorded a Sharp fall in the decade growth rate of population.
State Symbols of Rajasthan
|Language||Hindi & Marwadi|
|Bird||Great Indian Bustard|
Interesting Facts about Rajasthan
- Rajasthan is well connected with Roadways, Railways and Airways. It has 3 standard air terminals which are in Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur.
- The pushkar fair is the biggest camel fair in the world and pushkar is also a major Hindu pilgrimage.
- The lakh bangles of Rajasthan are a favorite choice among women.
- All the urban areas in Rajasthan are shading composed. Jaipur is pink, Udaipur is shaded white and Jodhpur is blue.
- The kathputhlis, Blue Pottery and Molela clay work of Rajasthan has been awarded the Geographical Indication Tag by Government of India.
- Despite the popular belief that Rajasthan is all about sand, you will be astonished to see the thick green fields amidst nowhere while travelling to Rajasthan.