Madhya Pradesh is a landlocked state located in Central India. It is the second largest state of India in terms of Area and its capital city is Bhopal. Population wise Madhya Pradesh is the 5th most populous state in India with the population of more the 75 Million People. Madhya Pradesh shares borders with many states like UP, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh was also used to be part of MP until the year 2000.
The state of Madhya Pradesh is very rich in terms of mineral resources, MP has the biggest reservoir of copper and Diamond in India.
Population of Madhya Pradesh In 2019
According to the census of 2011, the total population of Madhya Pradesh is 72,626,809. About 21.1 % of the total population of MP is tribal. It is very difficult to predict the population of the state in the year 2019, but we can have a rough idea by analyzing state population in the last six years
|Year||Population of Madhya Pradesh|
As we can see the population of MP is increasing by the rate of 0.8224 million people every year on an average. So, we can forecast that the population of Madhya Pradesh in the year 2019 will be around 80.45 Million people (79.634 Million + 0.8224 Million)
Demography of Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh is the home to a very large tribal population. Districts like Dhar, Mandla and Jhabua have more than 50% tribal Population. As far Human development index is concerned, MP ranks very low. The state is one of the most affected states by Malnutrition. Female Feticides rate in MP is also highest among all state of India. There are 46 recognized scheduled tribes in the state.
Almost 90.9 % people of Madhya Pradesh follows Hinduism, others are Muslim (6.6%), Buddhists (0.3%) and Jain (0.8 %)
Population Density and Growth of Madhya Pradesh
The population density of Madhya Pradesh is 230 persons per square kilometer which is less than the national average of 382 persons per square kilometer. As per the census of 2011, the population growth of the state is 24% which is considered very high. With the growing industrialization in the state, it is expected that the people from neighboring state will keep on moving here and the population of the state will keep on rising in the coming years.
Facts about Madhya Pradesh
- There are four world heritage sites located in the state of Madhya Pradesh i.e. Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, Devi Jagadambi temple Khajuraho and the Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka.
- MP is very famous for its classical and folk music. Two of the most noted singers in the medieval India Baiju Bawra and Tansen was born here.
- Morena district in Madhya Pradesh is very famous for honey production.
- Indore is the largest city of Madhya Pradesh.
- Several Indian Independence leaders like Chandra Shekhar Azad, S.D. Sharma and B.R. Ambedkar were born in what is now Madhya Pradesh.