Himachal Pradesh literally means “Abode of Snow” lies in the extreme northernmost past of Asian Subcontinent.
Geographical Location: It is surrounded by the disputed territory of Indian-administered Kashmir in the north, by the Tibet in the east, and by the states of Uttarakhand to the southeast, Haryana to the south, and Punjab to the west.
Himachal Pradesh is blessed with the natural scenic beauty of the Himalayas, the snow clad mountains, thick valleys, deep gorges, splendid lakes & streams. It became a state on 25th January, 1971 prior to that it was a Union Territory. The climate of Himachal Pradesh lures tourists from all across the world. It is one of the favorite tourist destinations in India.
Population of Himachal Pradesh In 2019
The state has an aggregate population of 6,864,602 including 3,481,873 males and 3,382,729 females according to Census 2011.
To know the latest data on population, we will have to take a glance at the population trend in the last 5 years. Here’s the data on population from 2014 to 2018-
- 2014 – 7.1 Million
- 2015 – 7.34 Million
- 2016 – 7.5 Million
- 2017 – 7.6288 Million
- 2018 – 7.77056 Million
Since accurate prediction of population is not something that can be achieved easily, we can still get an idea of the latest figure with the help of thorough analysis of past population trends. On analyzing the given data, we found that every year the population increases by approximate 0.14176 Million people. Hence, the population of Himachal Pradesh in 2019 is projected to be – 7.77056 Million + 0.14176 Million = 7.91232 Million.
Hence, the population of Himachal in the year 2019 as per estimated data will be 7.91232 Million.
Himachal Pradesh Population 2019 –7.91232 Million (Estimated).
Demography of Himachal Pradesh
The life expectancy is 62.8 years for 1986–1990. The child death rate as well as birth rate decreased sharply to 6.7 and 16 respectively in the year 2011. Hindi is both the official tongue and the most generally utilized dialect of Himachal Pradesh. Regardless, most of the people speak Pahari in normal conversations, which fuse all Western Pahari languages. There are almost 32 dialects in Himachal Pradesh.
Population Density and Growth of Himachal Pradesh
The population density of the state is 123 persons per square kilometer. It has enrolled 12.94% growth in terms of population in the midst of the earlier decade while the female sex proportion subtly upgraded from 968 to 972. The state, which was segmented with Gujarat, Punjab and Haryana for low female sex proportion in 0-6 year age gathering, mostly accommodated the change and recorded enhanced sex proportion of 909 in the year of 2011 data records against 896 out of 2001.
State Symbols of Himachal Pradesh
Interesting Facts about Himachal Pradesh
- Kangra tea and paintings, Chamba Rumal, Kullu and Kinnauri Shawls of Himachal Pradesh holds the geographical indication tag recognized by Government of India.
- Kasol is known as Mini Israel possibly because most of the tourists it accommodates are from Israel. That’s the reason most of the shops and motels have written stuff in Hebrew. Even so the Clothes & food especially pita bread and hummus similarly will give you the feeling of being in Israel.
- Himachal Pradesh is considered the second least corrupted state of India after Kerala.
- The Kalka-Shimla express (Toy Train) holds the title of world’s Heritage site by UNESCO as it goes through a gigantic extend of 806 platforms, 103 passages and 18 stations and covers the steepest slope in least distance.
- There are 33 Sanctuaries and 2 National Parks of which The Great Himalayan National Park has been declared as a noteworthy site by the UNESCO.
- Dharmshala is considered a pilgrimage site for Buddhists since the time Dalai Lama fled from Tibet and took shelter in Dharmshala in 1959.
- Malana – an unexplored village in Himachal Pradesh is infamous as a weed tourist destination.